Just 25 minutes from Cannes and 40 minutes from Nice Airport!
La Garabagne is set just below and within walking distance of the beautiful town of Montauroux (birth place of Christian Dior) in Provence. This magnificent villa has breathtaking views over the valley and across to the Four Seasons Golf Club and Hotel and beyond.
The house is built on terraces in beautiful gardens that used to supply lavender and roses to the perfumeries of nearby Grasse. The gardens still include lavender and a host of spring and summer flowers cascading down centuries old stone walls. Shade is provided by our own olive trees, one of them over 400 years old, and you can even pick your own fresh figs for breakfast (when in season).
The villa has been completely renovated using local tradesmen so retains all of it's original charm while being fitted out to a very high standard. As it is physically built into the hillside, the house and grounds have their own micro climate and the house remains cool in summer but warm in winter.
Outside, the villa has sufficient parking for 3 cars with steps up to the next terrace complete with a 4 x 11 metre swimming pool. The private pool terrace is surrounded by an Elaeagnus hedge which blooms into fragrant flower in the autumn followed by small orange fruits which are an attraction for birds.
Steps lead up again to the main house level with two terraces, one with an al fresco dining area complete with gas BBQ.
Inside the villa the living accommodation is well appointed with a large hall leading into a comfortable sitting room with French doors opening onto both the front and alfresco terraces. Next to this is a ‘snug’ with an open wood burning fireplace with ample supplies of firewood. There is a separate TV room for those wanting to watch TV or DVDs in peace.
The large, fully equipped, farmhouse style kitchen inludes all the appliances you would expect from a luxury villa rental: washing machine, dishwasher, stove, oven, refrigerator and a microwave. The villa sleeps 6 but the farmhouse table can seat up to 8 people, so invite your friends over for dinner.
The villa is fully cleaned each week, fresh bed linen provided and if you don’t want to do your own cooking, or want to entertain friends, we are happy to recommend a local chef who can come in and cook for you.
- 4 x 11 metre Swimming pool with private terrace area
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Toilets
- Master Bedroom with King size bed enjoys fantastic views over the valley
- Second bedroom with Queen Size bed & direct access to private, covered roof terrace. Perfect for watching the sun setting over the mountains
- Bedroom 3 with Twin beds & ensuite bathroom. Room has french doors to own terrace
- Large Hall
- Snug and Sitting Room with provencal Fireplace. French Doors opening onto both Front and Alfresco terraces
- Large well equipped Farmhouse style kitchen with eating area to seat 8. Inludes WM, Dish Waser, Stove, Oven, Refrigerator, Microwave
- Direct access to large Terrace overlooking pool with Al fresco Dining & gas BBQ
- Free use of extended digital cable & DVD player
- Free Internet Access